Monday, April 16, 2007

Ouch!

I keep wondering why I choose to abuse my body, but the sad thing is is that these thoughts only last for a couple of days, and then I am over it, and forget about it when the time comes to sign up for the next one.

We completed the St. Louis Half yesterday. What a day! I even set a PR, and met my goal of completing one in under three hours. Our time was 2:59:20. Previously my best was 3:12:36, and that was two and a half years ago when I did the one with my dad. Brad did great. He even helped push me towards the end, and I don't think we would have made it under three hours if it wasn't for him. I am so proud of him for being able to do that, and for just completing it. I know he is sore, too, and his hamstrings are not doing so great. The boys at his office will probably be picking on him a little bit today. But I was so glad to have him with me, and to beat that goal with him. With all of the family drama, in some way it is kind of symbolic to me to beat the time that I set with my dad, and to do it with him. Part of the moving on with my life process, and great that I have found one of many people who absolutely support me in that venture and don't bring me down.

So, speaking of the family drama, I think I may have pissed off my dad's side of the family, but don't really care anymore at this point. I saw Janice at the race expo, and guess who is wearing an engagement ring! Amazing, engaged to another man within two years of the death of my father. And, when we consider that her divorce has been finalized for MAYBE three years, and she has been engaged twice now, well, it lets her true colors shine and makes one question her motivation. So, when I found that out, on the way to the car leaving the expo, I called my grandmother and let her know. She was quite surprised. And I gave her a small piece of my opinion about how her daughter is handling my dad's estate. So, at this point, I am really unconcerned with that side of the family. I have seriously contemplated legally changing my last name, to my mom's maiden name. I am still considering it, but with Brad moving in, I don't want to do it and pay a fair amount of money if there is the possibility that it will change again in the relatively near future.

Onto that subject... he hasn't told his parents that he is moving in with me yet, It doesn't really bother me per se, but I am one of those people that I want to get things over with. I am pretty excited about this whole situation as well, so I want to tell people. I consider it to be a pretty big step in the relationship, and I am excited, and I like to share things when I am excited. That is one of the big differences between him and me though. I am definitely a much more expressive person than he is. One of the things I am trying to accept.

I am definitely in mode to do a lot of cleaning and getting rid of stuff now that I know he is going to be living there. Plus, the current state of my house is driving me crazy. I know my mom is working hard on getting the house ready, which I greatly appreciate. I need to get rid of a lot of my stuff, and just reorganize, and clean up the house as much as possible. That, I guess, is part of the plan for this week. Lots of work to do, and it always seems like I am running out of time. I head to Nashville in 11 days, and then come back and am back for a week, then leave again for a week for the cruise. So much to do and so little time! Plus, with the weather warming up, I want to get out and visit with friends, something that I am not able to do enough at this time. So, here's to a busy summer with hopes of lots of time with friends, and warmer weather!

1 comment:

M Easter said...

congrats on the new PR!