Monday, April 2, 2007

April Showers bring May Flowers

Ahhh, it's been too long since I have posted. The rest of March seems like a blur. Brad's birthday went pretty well. His mother and I agreed upon a party finally, he and I made a pretty major decision about where we are heading, and we both enjoyed the day off for his birthday. I survived the two year anniversary of my dad's death and burial much better than I anticipated. I actually allowed Brad to go to the cemetary with me, which was nice, but I think I might need to go back by myself.

The training has been going... I did 10.5 miles yesterday, and my legs are a little tight. I was concerned because I pulled a muscle in each leg during the training, but it seems to have worked it's way out. 13 days to Spirit of St. Louis, and 26 days until Nashville. I am really ready for the time off to go to Nashville, even if it is only for one day. I think I am really looking forward to the road trip with Karen and Eric.

Well, I have a new foster dog. Indiana went home on Saturday, and I was in contact with Angie not more than 5 minutes later about the next one. Poor Fletcher, was hit by a car last Tuesday, and is in a cast. The little guy gets around pretty good, though, he is even able to jump up onto the beds (which is one of his favorite places to be). I must really be crazy to keep taking them in. It was kind of funny, though, because I told Angie that I wanted to wait until I got back from the cruise. Oh well. Speaking of which, only 5 more weeks until I leave for Miami! I need the time away from work and all the drama out in Wentzville, but most importantly I am looking forward to spending the time with my mom and brother. I just have to keep all of that in mind as I make it through this next month. Also, I need to keep looking forward to summer and spending time out on the water in my waverunner! Anybody up for joining me?

2 comments:

Eric Berger said...

I'm all for WaveRunner-ing!!

M Easter said...

hey! just a note to say welcome to the blogosphere!

good to see you and Mr B at the seder