Monday, March 12, 2007

Let's give this a try...

Well, I guess I should join a fair portion of the rest of the world and start the blog thing. We will see how good I am about keeping it up...

Hmmm, so what has been going on in my life... well, this past weekend, Brad and I went to his brother's wedding. I have to say, I had a pretty good time. The wedding was in Fulton, and the reception in Washington MO. I really like the way that the wedding party got to sit with their significant others, rather than having just the wedding party up there and the rest of us to kind of find our way into the crowd to see if there was someone we would feel comfortable talking to. Brad and I danced, and danced, and danced. What was really amazing is that at the time, I wasn't self-conscious. I didn't care what other people were thinking of us, and I didn't really even notice that other people were there. (Maybe that was the alcohol though?) What an amazing thing for me! Of course, now, I am wondering, did we look stupid? Did my dress look okay, or was it too tight? Were people talking about us? Again, my paranoia/self-conciousness coming out. I think this is one of the biggest things that annoys Brad about me. I am working on it, and it was definitely a first for me!

I am getting ready to go to Chicago this weekend for my class... I should be studying right now, but as usual, I am finding something else more entertaining. I probably will have to cut this short, and do that while I wait for my patients to get here at 4:30. (I really dislike the two shifts thing and having to take late patients, especially with it being a 30 mile drive back home). I need to study more tonight, but my foster dog has to go back to the vet to get his stitches removed, and I need to do some yardwork plus clean the house for whoever housesits this weekend (yes, it's still up in the air). And I think my mom might be stopping by tonight. Well, looks like leftovers for dinner... eventually I need to get a run in too, less than 5 weeks until the next half marathon! Yikes! Our training hasn't been as dedicated as it should have been for the long runs (okay, we haven't hit over 5 miles yet), but at least I have been getting in at least 8 miles a week! It seems like there is always something...

No comments: