Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I should be being productive

This tends to be a little bit of a problem for me. I should be studying (once again), but this just seems like so much more fun. I had a busy morning, and crammed all of my patients in quickly. Well, it wasn't really all that busy, but it is if you consider the fact that I was treating 3 patients at once in a room that measures less than 90 square feet that has a fair amount of equipment in it. Of course, I also organized my work bag, and worked on a couple of work things, but really I am just putting off studying some more. I need to keep going, but I will admit that I am doing better this time around than I did last time. At least Brad is going to be driving up to Chicago, so I just need to remember to bring a flashlight so I can study in the car. I hope to study tonight, too, but I need to run by my grandma's and then by my dad's and then I will probably bake. Oh, yeah, don't forget the grocery store. I am such a procrastinator!

So the biggest question on my mind right now is what to get Brad for his 30th birthday. He hasn't really come up with much for me to get him. I told him if he doesn't come up with anything by this weekend, he is getting a Weimaraner puppy. He knows I am not serious though. The other thing is how to actually celebrate it. His mother really stressed me out when I tried to discuss it with her, I was somewhat upset about the conversation. I never realized how true the "middle child" stories are! It makes me sad for him, because I know he deserves so much better.

And for the training aspect of things... four and a half weeks to the Spirit of St. Louis Half-Marathon. I don't feel that we are where we need to be in our training, and that makes me nervous. With going out of town this weekend, I am not going to be able to train then, either. So it looks like next weekend needs to be a 6-8 mile run/walk. We haven't even registered yet, and I keep telling him he doesn't have to do it with me. I am also starting to wonder about Eric and Karen, it's six and a half weeks until we go to Nashville for the Country Music Half-Marathon. I am looking forward to that, too, but it will probably be difficult, I hear it is pretty hilly. There will definitely need to be some training at Forest Park. I really enjoyed Rock 'n' Roll Arizona, so I hope that Nashville is just as much fun.

And on the brightest note, eight and a half weeks until I leave for my cruise!

No comments: